The picture above is of Karen and I with John and Carol Edmonds at the Celebration of Life party in May of this year. They are friends of ours and part of the Delta family. Looking at the picture, all the readers of this blog know Karen is the sick one. However, Carol is currently in ICU at Emory fighting to live and her family is the one being told they need to come now. Details are sketchy because this all happened so fast, but the doctors believe her quick decline in health is related to infection but they are not certain from where the infection is coming.
Please pray for wisdom for the doctors and staff trying to help Carol, for healing, and also lift John and the rest of the Edmonds family up in prayer during this difficult time.
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Darren,
After you left to be with John, Karen called to let me know that Carol passed away earlier today.
I am so sorry to about Carol...my heart breaks for John. Please express our sympathy to him and let him know how sorry we are to hear of his loss...Carol will be greatly missed.
And make sure you give Big John a hug from me and let him know that he's in my/our thoughts and prayers.
To others of you who are reading this, please remember to lift John and his family up in prayer.
And may I reiterate how important it is to make sure you ALWAYS "Live Like You Were Dying" (excellent song by Tim McGraw *see below)--never taking a single day for granted--remembering to live, love and laugh each and every day for none of us are promised tomorrow...we don't know when God will call us home.
♥ Leslie
Live Like You Were Dying
He said I was in my early forties
With a lot of life before me
When a moment came that stopped me on a dime
I spent most of the next days
looking at the x-rays
Talking 'bout the options
and talking 'bout sweet time
I asked him when it sank in
that this might really be the real end
How's it hit you when you get that kinda news?
Man what'd you do?
And he said
I went sky diving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fumanchu
And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying
And he said someday I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dying.
He said I was finally the husband
that most the time I wasn't
And I became a friend a friend would like to have
And all the sudden going fishin'
wasn't such an imposition
And I went three times that year I lost my dad
Well I finally read the good book
And I took a good long hard look
at what I'd do if I could do it all again
And then
I went sky diving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fumanchu
And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying
And he said someday I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dying.
Like tomorrow was a gift
And you got eternity to think about
What'd you do with it?
What did you do with it?
What did I do with it?
What would I do with it?
Sky diving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fumanchu
And then I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
And I watched an eagle as it was flying
And he said someday I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dying
To live like you were dying
To live like you were dying.
Carol Brown Edmonds passed away this afternoon. She has now joined our savior Jesus Christ. She was surrounded by family and friends as she passed. John is doing as well as would be expected. John really appreciated seeing Darren today. He was uplifted by his presence. Carol will be greatly missed. Details for the service will be planned out on Monday the 23rd. Carol was 44 years old. Please keep the Family in your thoughts and prayers......
Alan Turner
Dear Darren and Karen, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Carol. I know this must be extremely hard for both of you right now, as you are already emotionally and physically drained. Please know that you are in my prayers, as is your friend's family.
Sarah
I am so sorry to hear about Carol. Praying for her family as well as your own. XXOO
Pls know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers at this time of sorrow. Sarah
Praying for you Karen and Darren - so sorry about your friend Carol. We will be praying for her family, especially John. Thanks so much for keeping us informed through this blog ..... Cindy
Post a Comment