11 July 2007
Since the last update it’s been a roller coaster ride of events and emotions. Friday, 6 July, Karen was unable to empty her bladder and felt a general loss of ability to control muscles in the area. Friday afternoon is not a good day to get in to a doctor’s office so we ended up in the emergency room. There they were able to provide Karen relief and felt that maybe the morphine was causing the loss of muscle control.
Karen tried backing off the morphine only to experience a sharp increase in pain by Saturday afternoon. She went back to the previous levels of morphine and spent most of the weekend in bed. On Monday, she was out of bed before me, made breakfast, accomplished several things on her “list” and spent time with dear friends that came to visit.
Around 3:30 this morning, I was awakened by Karen who was extremely alarmed (who wouldn't be) that she couldn’t feel most of her lower torso and had tingling in her feet and hands. We called 911 for emergency assistance, who are extremely undervalued for the services they provide, and after checking Karen’s vitals offered to transport her to the hospital but by then all the symptoms had subsided and her vitals were normal.
Again around 06:30, Karen tried to turn in bed all the symptoms returned. We are now headed to the hospital.
Prayer requests: For healing, discernment, wisdom, peace.
Until next time…
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Karen, Darren, and kids, Travis and I are praying for you daily. Our hearts ache for you. We know that you have had countless offers, but if there is anything you need - anything we can do - please don't hesitate to ask. We would love to stop by and pray with you, but we don't want to intrude as Karen needs her rest. Please know that we are here, we love you, and we are praying. Love, Sarah, Travis, and Adlen
Please know that we are praying so hard for complete healing! If there is anything that I can do, please do not hesitate to call! I am there for you! You're an amazing family! Not only are you showing the world what true love is about in your relationship with each other, but displaying a remarkable faith and true relationship with Christ. Peace that passes all understanding! I love you guys! Please know that I think about you all of the time and would do anything for you!
Love, Melissa Beach
My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Karen, you are an amazing woman. I have the utmost respect for your strength and your faith. Thank you for updating the site. I speak for many that read it daily.
Post a Comment