Saturday, April 29, 2006

I’m writing to give a praise report. Today, 28 April, I received an unexpected call from Diane, Dr. Galleshaw’s nurse. I was not expecting to get the results from the PET/CT before my next visit, which is scheduled for May 11th. Diane called to tell me that, “Dr. Galleshaw is kind of scratching her head because the scan revealed the only current cancer activity to be in the breast.” Yes, you read it right! No current activity in the liver.

This is a clear answer to prayer. We’ve been praying that the test would reveal such results that it would leave the doctor’s scratching their heads! We know God will heal me on one side or the other of heaven. We hope it will be here so that many can witness His power.

We’ve said many times that it’s not a mistake I have cancer. Obviously we’re not excited about it and are deeply grieved by the potential outcomes of this disease. Even so, we know that God has a reason for it. Most of us say, “This is good so God must have sent it”. It's so easy to see the hand or will of God in the "good stuff" isn't it? What we are learning to say is “God sent or allowed it so it must be good for me.”

Thank you for your prayers and support. We pray you join us in remembering to look for God’s goodness in “all things.” Your darkest hours will be lit with love, hope and peace when you do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited to read this today, and hoping (and praying) that you are feeling great today! Thanks so much for the updates and for the beautiful testimony to the power of the Lord.

Misty said...

Praising the Lord with you, Karen. Much love to you!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord... Rejoicing with you, Karen!!!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen,

I do not know what to say after seeing your wonderful and lively smile and reading these lines.
I thank the Lord for having met you and have every confidence our paths will cross again.
I will pray for you and cherish the few moments we have spent together at 41.
I am looking forward to meeting you again very soon.
May G*d bless, protect and keep you and your beautiful family.
Chantal
chantallmorand@yahoo.com
41, London

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen,

We are praying for you and your family during this time of trial. It is exciting to read how all of you are trusting the Lord and rejoicing in His goodness along the way. We will continue to keep you in our prayers daily.

Pall & Kathy Hansen
Republic, Missouri