Today, Thursday, April 27th, I went for my PET/CT Scan. I learned from the technician - Sherry - that this test is more accurate in detecting cancer growth. It shows in detail what is cancer activity and scar tissue. This test has only recently been paid for by insurance companies, and now they have to educate the doctors on the accuracy of it. I was nervous about being closed in the PET/CT so I asked Sherry if I could see the machine. It was much better than am MRI. By the end of the test, I was feeling a little “green”, but Darren prayed and God lifted the nausea.
Yesterday, I spoke with my nephrologists, Dr. Kahn. She said based on the last readable test done on December’05, I have stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease. There are five stages so I’m right in the middle. She said I need monitoring by a nephrologist, but she is not in our medical plan. Dr. Kahn also told me that the last test the lab did was unreadable. The lab error has left me with two options, the first to repeat the same test (oh boy!) or a different test called a BMP with estimated GFR blood test. The testing is critical to check current kidney function. I have made an appointment for a nephrologist (Dr. Susan Hill) up at Northside Hospital so all my specialist would be together. Dr. Hill has a long wait with the first available appointment being late July. I’ve advised my oncologist of the wait and will let them work out the details of getting the appointment sooner.
My tumor marker has gone from 183 to 236. This is a 53 point increase from three weeks ago and clearly is not headed in the right direction. Please be praying that the Tamoxafin works and I can keep off chemotherapy. It makes me into a limp noodle. Also thank you for all your prayers as I took the test. Please pray for an accurate reading and wisdom for the days ahead.
Thank you for checking on me and God bless.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Karen - praying for you today.... May His healing touch be upon your body. Love you! Cindy
Post a Comment