Thursday, 13 April.
Happy Easter or as our family likes to say Happy Resurrection Day!
The death, burial and resurrection of Christ to pay a debt He did not owe which for me was a debt I could not pay.
There were no doctor appoints this week, but Karen went over to our local hospital for some tests. These tests were for kidney function and they have to be sent off for analysis so we won’t know the results until week.
Karen has felt pretty good all week and has smiled through pain in her chest and liver which seems to be intensifying. Her energy levels have allowed her to accomplish most everything she planned to do. Despite the discouraging news from the doctor last week, we’ve simply been too busy living life to slow down long enough to be discouraged.
However, Karen is scheduled to see her oncologist on Thursday, 20 April and in planning for that visit a lot of emotions return and try to rob your joy. Just today I was pondering pretty heavily in my mind “What’s next?” I turned to prepare for our family bible study and the topic was “Faith Triumphs in Trouble”. We were reminded that we should “glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope." Our hope is in the Lord, not in doctors, medicine or treatment options.
Thank you for remembering our family in prayer. We wish you Peace and Joy.
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Muah! I love you Karen.
Post a Comment