Saturday, April 08, 2006

Thursday, 06 April. Spring is here! The weather is beautiful and so are all the azaleas. Our dogwood trees are in full bloom and our yard is unmistakably … yellow? With all the beauty comes the pollen and lots of it! I have to remind myself that it is part of nature's reproductive process and that the bees use it to make delicious honey.

No doctor appoints this week but several unnerving phone calls. My tumor marker is on the rise again up to 183 which is a seventy point jump in a just a couple of weeks. Obviously my reproductive system is still at work making estrogen. This is the cause for the growth in the lump in the breast and the rise in my tumor marker.

At this point, Dr. Galleshaw has ruled the Zoladex shots ineffective in stopping estrogen production and wants another CT scan and to try another course of treatment. My kidney and liver functions are out of the “normal” range and heading to levels which make the doctors “extremely uncomfortable”. I feel like a test rat in an out of control lab experiment. Cancer is viscous.

I greatly appreciate your prayers. Please pray for healing, wisdom and peace. I know that God is in complete control. Even still, sometimes I wish I had a peak at His plans!

Thank you for dropping by to check on me. God bless you and I hope you have a great week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're praying that God's will will be done in your life.
Uncle Earl & Doris

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen and crew,
Travis and I are praying for you. I know this feels like an emotional and physical roller coaster for you. We pray for the Lord's peace to be on all of you and for Him to guide you and the doctors in every step of this journey. We love you.