Happy Easter, everyone! I am so glad that my hope rests not in man. But in a God who loved me so much, He sent His Son to die for me. I am so absolutely and totally unworthy of such a gift.
But, do you know what blows me away even more? God knows just how many days I will live and how I will live them. I can not add to them nor take away from them. I can, however, choose to do things that will make my days count for Him or me.
I want my life to be a light in this lost and dying world. Yes, I am “terminal”. But as I see it, we all are. One day you will pass from this life into the eternal. How will you spend it? Praising a God who loved you enough to send His Son Jesus to die on the cross for your sins or separated from Him forever?
I am not afraid of death because I have trusted in and believe Jesus died for me. I am here to serve Him. I want my life to be a living testimony to those I come in contact with. It is my prayer that God’s love will shine through me to others.
Doctors trust in facts. No matter how good a doctor is, most of them, like the rest of us, trusts in what they can see. God wants us to trust even when we cannot see. Sometimes He works in mighty miracles, and sometimes He works His miracles in subtle ways. I know that even if God heals me here on earth. One day I will pass away or experience the rapture. If He chooses not to heal me here, I will have the ultimate healing in Heaven.
Don’t delay. You too will one day stand face to face with the Creator. I’m praying that we will spend our eternity together praising Him.
I ask for your prayers as Darren and I go to the doctor Thursday, April 20th. I will be receiving the test results from a 24hr. test for my kidney function. Also, we will will find out more about what Dr. Galleshaw recommends I do to help stop the progress of the cancer. I am also due to have a treatment of Herceptin, Aredia, and possibly a Zoladex shot.
God bless you all and have a wonderful Easter!
Saturday, April 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So, so, so true Karen. We are ALL terminal. The difference is some of us realize it, and others don't. I heard that song "Live Like You Were Dying" recently and I thought it a shame that most of us do not live like that. I am thinking of registering for the 2 Day walk this year. I like the idea of the hotel! Call me a wuss!
I love you!
Happy Easter to you and your family. Sometimes I have trouble thinking of the "right thing" to say - but know that you're in our prayers. That's always the right thng. God Belss. Love from Dori, Bill & Debbie - Ocala FL
Boy, do I ever make some bad "typos" - no matter how much I proof read - my apologies ... It should read ... the right thing ..."God Bless" Dori
Post a Comment