Thursday, July 28, 2005

My family has enjoyed one of the best weeks in recent memory! Karen's energy level has drastically improved. She has been able to go shopping (first time driving a car in two months) and do things she enjoys at home like cooking, swimming and being a busy mom.

Today, 28JUL05, she began her 2nd cycle of Xeloda (chemotherapy). It's taken orally and her dose is now 1150 mg every twelve hours for the next 14 days. As discussed in earlier updates she wasn't able to complete the 1st cycle due to debilitating mouth sores and hand/foot syndrome.

Please pray that she will tolerate this cycle well with no side affects and that her health would continue to improve. All things are possible with God!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darren, Karen and the kids. We continue to pray and wish Karen all the best. I am so glad I can log on and check on Karen while I'm far far away. To where your treasure is there wiil your heart be also. Mat 6-21.

Turbo

Anonymous said...

It is great that Karen is doing so good tell the rest of the family that I love them.


Love,
Krista

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how happy this news has made me. Karen you are in my prayers and I know God can do great and wonderful things. God bless you and your beautiful family

Pat Mooney
I met you while you were in Northside Hospital

Charity said...

Praise the Lord, that is so wonderful! It was so great to see Karen looking so well on Sunday. We continue to pray, and I will pass the good news on to my parents church in Maine, they have been praying for Karen and the family as well.

Charity