Saturday, July 16, 2005

Please accept my apologies for this late update. I intended an update sooner, but I was just too busy enjoying my time with Karen and the children.

Karen had a whirl wind tour with three doctors on Wednesday, 13July. The Oncologist said with the state her mouth was in she should stay off the chemotherapy until her next visit on 21July where they will review the dosing again. The doctor who implanted the port said it was healing fine and should provide her with a relatively stick free life from nurses during the many treatments and blood draws. The Gastroenterologist was pleased with Karen's progress and moved her to monthly visits. Three doctors: one neutral report, two great reports!

I've saved the best news for last. The sores in Karen's mouth are healing which is enabling her to open mouth wide enough to eat a greater variety of food and she can even taste some of it now! Thank you for praying for her. She has enough energy to get up and about for 45 minutes to an hour at a time. She was able to put on clothes she hasn't worn in more than 2 months due to swelling. Best of all, we were able to do several things as a family over the past few days. I can't describe how wonderful it is to have her up and about.

I've been cautioned to enjoy the "good" days as there is still a long journey with more "bad" days to come. To that I say, isn't that true for all of us? And what is a "bad" day anyway? From my recently drastically changed perspective a day with my wife and children, regardless of how challenging, is always a good day. It's up to me to find the good in it.

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this very uplifting update. Your faith and love of God is ministering to me.

Anonymous said...

Dear All,
To God be the Glory. He is the great and mighty God. Healing in the wings of His dear son Jesus!
Here in Arizona, we are still praying. May our God give you all His perfect peace.
One of our elderly ladies in our church who is praying faithfully for Karen, will be thrilled to her of her progress. PTL. I'll share it with her tonight. We are always close in prayer. Remind Karen again to pray for others as she triumphs over the situation of this cancer the Lord has ordained for His great Glory! As these update go out, many are pointed to our blessed savior.
Y'all take care; keep the Caskey's in your prayers as well. We love y'all.

Charles and Cathy