Sunday, 16 September
I can’t sleep so I’m adding another post. Karen’s mouth and lips are very sore from the chemo (burning sensation - her words) and she is experiencing pain in her abdomen. As usual she doesn’t complain about the pain or nausea and will only tell you how she is feeling if you really press her for information. Her usual response to inquires about how she is doing is, “I’m fine”. Her tired eyes and moans while sleeping say differently. Her strength, determination and unwavering decision not to complain about her illness or the associated complications both humble and inspire me. I'm headed back to bed where I’ll have the privilege of sleeping or staring at the ceiling next to my hero (heroine). Please pray for relief from the pain, healing and rest.
Until next time…
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
While Karen may humble and inspire you, Darren, you BOTH humble and inspire me. I know that God is working here, not only in Karen's body, but also in your heart, and in the life of each person who checks in on Karen as you share your story. Thank you for being so transparent with us. God is being glorified through you and your family. You are ALL lovingly covered in our prayers each day.
The Chambers
West Point, NY
Amen. I never cease to be amazed at the graciousness that flows from your family. You and Karen are truly instruments of God's love. I am praying for you all.
Love, Cathy
Post a Comment