Update on Katie Smith. This excerpt is taken from the care pages.
“This morning, Fran and I noticed that Katie's breathes were becoming farther apart and her pulse was slowing. I put on some of her favorite hymns, Fran sat and held her hand and I crawled in bed and stroked her beautiful, glowing hair. We told her how much we loved her, how much her father and sister loved her. I thanked her and she drew her last breath at 12 noon and peacefully went to her Maker and our baby. She went as she did everything else, with grace, strength and dignity.”
Again you can read more about her and her family by following this link www.carepages.com. It is necessary to create an account to view her page which is Katieshug.
Katie is a Christian and her death doesn’t mean the loss of a battle with pancreatic cancer. The battle belonged to the Lord. Katie is whole, experiencing no more pain or suffering. She is with all those who have gone before her. Katie had no reason to fear death; I hope you have that same assurance. None of us know for sure what tomorrow will hold but we can know Who holds tomorrow.
Please lift her family up in prayer as they continue life’s journey without her.
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Darren,
Thank you for these updates on Karen...and for sharing Katie and James' journey with us as well. I have been following the updates James has faithfully posted on her Care Page.
While our hearts ache for James and the great loss he and Katie's family and friends now feel, we also rejoice--as they do--knowing that she is now truly Home and free from the very things that caused her pain and suffering in this world.
How wonderful to know that our Hope does not lie in this world and that 'this' (death) is NOT the end. But rather that this is really the beginning, of an incredible life spent in eternity with our Lord and Savior...and the child she never knew here on this earth. How joyous that Homecoming must have been...
I can only imagine!
With love and prayers to all!
♥ Leslie
Post a Comment