Thursday, November 16th, I had infusion number 25 of Herceptin. Dr. Galleshaw told me she was pleased with the results of the PET/CT. It showed the only “new” activity was a lymph node. This is how it spread to my liver and bones last time. Since I’m back on the Xeloda, we are praying things will not get out of control. They will be closely monitoring my tumor marker levels.
Her2nu cancer if very aggressive and is known for growing tumors in the brain. At this time, I have none of the symptoms (headaches, dizziness and nausea) that would indicate tumor activity in the brain. I had a scan of my brain last June which revealed no activity. At this point, Dr. Galleshaw said as long as my numbers remain stable or decrease we don’t need to do an MRI.
We also discussed the possibility or need to go to another facility for treatments. At this time, Dr. Galleshaw doesn’t feel other cancer treatment facilities like M.D. Anderson, Mayo or Sloan-Kettering would benefit me any further. She assured us that if there was, she would be the first to send me to a place that would better benefit me. She sees no reason to change my treatment or make me into a “guinea pig” as long as things are working. I happen to agree whole heartedly.
Please pray for me as I start the 7th round of Xeloda Thanksgiving Day. Speaking of giving thanks I have so much to be grateful for this year. My health and strength are greatly improved. Darren and I traveled alone for the first time since J.D. was born. Darren still has a job. I had the privilege of having two of my nephews visit. My oldest sister, Leslie, and I took the children to Branson for the Hallisey Family Reunion. My other sister, Krista, just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. God is good. Even when times are hard and things aren’t going our way. He never fails, leaves nor forsakes us.
I also ask that you remember Katie. Her pain remains under control, but she is slowly slipping away. Please pray for God’s peace for James and all her family.
Until next time…
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have been/will be/always will pray for you Karen!! Muah!
I must tell you that I LOVE this new picture of Darren and the kiddos...absolutely PRECIOUS!
Thanks for letting Brandon and Jeremy hang out with you all...they had a WONDERFUL time! Me too...our trip to Branson this summer was certainly memorable! :)
Hey, do you think maybe we could go back through the town of Leslie...AGAIN??? I don't think twice in one day was enough. ~smile~ Of course, NEXT time we have GOT to stop and take a picture under that sign--you know, the one of MY town...haha!--even if we do miss our plane...AGAIN! Ahahahaha!
Oh, and speaking of planes...better grab a few of those air sick bags off the plane...just in case! ;)
GOOD TIMES...GREAT MEMORIES!!!
I LOVE YOU!
♥ Leslie
Post a Comment