Thursday, November 9th, I went for my PET/CT Scan and Ultrasound. It was a long day. I was up at 5:00 am to be in Decatur for my Pet/CT by 7:30am. All went smoothly with the scan and we headed to get something to eat. My ultrasound wasn’t until 2:00 pm so we went to the mall and looked around.
Next stop Northside Hospital where I waited in line to get signed in for the ultrasound. Then Darren and I headed to the Breast Care Center to stand in line. There I was asked to fill out the information I filled out thirteen weeks ago. It makes me ask myself, “What they do with the other information and why do we have computers?” After filling the forms out, we waited. I was called back to yet another waiting area to change and wait. The area was so full there were no seats. I was finally called back and I asked if Darren could come along. After explaining that he has gone along for everything, they agreed to allow him back. I feel it is important to have another set of eyes and ears when they are explaining things to me.
The technician referred to the previous ultrasound and then proceeded with this one. She took what she thought was needed and then told us she wanted to check with the radiologist to see if there was anything else needed. Both radiologists were in a procedure so we had to wait for a while. When the radiologist came in he did more scanning. He said the mass was possibly a little smaller this time, but he would need to look at the other ultrasound to make any final conclusions.
With all the testing behind us, we headed to a special dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Just writing the name makes me want some of their delicious Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel Cheesecake or Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake. Their food is yummy but their desserts are why you go. We rarely eat dessert out, but you can’t pass it up here. We shared and when we were about halfway done our server came by to see if we needed anything else. My quick response was, “One more piece of this, to go.” Yes, it did make it home. Darren and I ate it later that night when I took my Xeloda. I have to eat something with the medicine and this hit the spot.
Friday, a dear friend Darlene came for a visit. She and her family moved out of town so we don’t get to see much of each other anymore. Kaycee had organized a “hen” party with children welcome. The children and I went over to the church to play and eat and Darren headed to work. He called to check on me and I was busy learning to play Phase 10. We spent about three hours playing one game. It was a lot of fun.
Spending time with friends, especially female friends, reminds me what an important role friends play in our lives. I’m blessed with many “sisters”. They’ve been there to help in times of need. To walk and talk with. Carrying me when I was too weak to do anything for my family let alone myself. Never too far away to help. I count it a privilege to have so many wonderful “sisters”. Thank you for loving me and being a part of my life and for being there for my family. Without the love a support of friends, life would be lonely. I encourage you to take the time to let a friend know how much she/he means to you. Tell her/him how they have helped and encouraged you.
Before I end this update, I want to give you an update on Katie. She is home and resting comfortably for the most part. Last week she made the hard decision of no more “Band-Aids”. She is a believer and she said she is ready to go “Home”. Her family and friends came in this weekend to have a Christmas party. They even had carolers. She was up for almost 15 hours. Hospice has come in to help and to keep her from being in constant pain. Please pray for relief from the pain and for her family. I have always known I will be healed and I know Katie will be too. If God does not choose to give temporary healing here on earth, He will give true and total healing in Heaven. This kind of healing will last forever!
God bless you all.
Until next week…
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Karen, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that this has been an emotional roller coaster for you, and I pray for the Lord's peace, strength, and rest (and healing, if it is His will). Please let me know if there is anything you need or anything I can do. You are a faithful friend, and I praise the Lord for you.
Post a Comment