Wednesday, November 08, 2006

We received the results of the tumor marker test. Just as I suspected, they increased. Jumping from 316 to 401 which is still a far cry from 2999, when I was hospitalized and told by doctors to go home and "make final arrangements" but it is unsettling none the less. We remind ourselves daily that God is charge come what may, but it is a challenge not to worry at times.

I began taking Xeloda (2000mg)again on Thursday, November 2nd. The first two days I suffered from terrible joint pain. It felt like I had the flu without nausea. I even took my temperature, but it remained normal. The pain has subsided some and I have been able to do a little more.

Tomorrow, Thursday, November 9th, I go for a PET/CT and an Ultrasound. I ask that you pray for the people working with me to be well rested, thorough and caring. Also please pray that the test results will help Dr. Galleshaw as she works on the best way to approach my treatment.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know that we're praying for you and all the individuals who will come into contact with you as you go through testing and treatment.

Also be assured that there are many others lifting you up in prayer as well. Though many of them have never met you, they are faithful to pray for you as you continue on this journey.

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16b

We love you!

Leslie...and the rest of the Alaska crew :)