Happy Thanksgiving
There is much to be thankful for this year and really everyday. Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not thankful to be without Karen, rather I feel thanksgiving (which really should occur daily) is more about focusing on what you do have instead of what you don’t.
I spent the bulk of last night after the children were in bed thinking of what I’m thankful for and this update could go on for a long time if I posted all there is for which I’m thankful. Instead I’ll keep it to just a few:
I’m thankful most for Hope. I know when my days on earth are finished I will be in the presence of God. I know I will walk and talk with Karen again.
I’m thankful for being allowed the great gift of having Karen as my wife for a time and season. I’m thankful also for how wonderful a mother she was and how I have her example to follow as I seek to fill in some of the gaps in her absence.
I’m thankful for my children. Their view of life is so instructional to me. Their faith is an inspiration and their needs keep me focused (for the most part).
Speaking of the children, since Karen has been gone I've found myself talking much more, really repeating myself much more. There is much more talking needed to keep a house with 5 children in smooth running order. Did you make your bed, brush your teeth, feed the dog, etc... My niece told me of a video she had recently seen of a mother who condensed what a mom would say in a 24 hour period into a few minutes. I'll close this update by placing the video below. It's very entertaining.
Until next time...
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Been thinking of you and praying for His Eternal peace in your heart! Blessings today and always to one of Gods' most deserving and loving families ! Love,Suzette
The kids were right, I DID laugh...A LOT...at the video. I can SOOOO relate to what she's singing! Thanks for sharing!
Just want you to know that we love & miss you and that we're praying for "all y'all"
See, I'm still "southern" , only now instead of living in THE SOUTH, I live in the southern part of Alaska ;)
♥ Leslie
Laughter is good medicine. Thanks! t.p.
Glad to hear from you - I thought of your family so often this Thanksgiving. The humor is soooooo good for us - isn't it? Blessings,
Cindy
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Thanks for sharing the video. It was funny and as the mother of 4 children, I can totally relate. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment