Sunday, February 26, 2006

Thursday, February 23rd I received my Aredia infusion and my second Zoladex shot. I also received some discouraging news about my tumor makers. They have almost doubled in six weeks. They were 33 at the lowest. They went up to 77 and have now hit 148. This is a far cry from 2999 but still heading in the opposite direction from where they need to be headed.

I had a bit of a rough time after my treatment and shot. I began experiencing extreme abdominal pain and felt nauseated. I ended up sick with a low-grade fever of 100.5. I let nature take its course and the fever broke sometime in the middle of the night. My abdominal pain is at about 25% of what it was yesterday. I am not quite sure what caused this but think that the shot might have hit a nerve of some sort. Resulting in the throbbing pain, I experienced.

The good news is that my red blood cell count is up from 11.5 last week to 11.7. This is lower than the baseline of 12 but an improvement from last week and my lowest of 9. Thank you for your prayers in this area and I ask that you continue to pray that my red blood cell count increases on its own without the need for more medical intervention.

I have next week off. This will be a nice break from the stress of going to the doctor. There are so many “roller coaster” feelings that you get when you go to the doctor. There always seems to be something wrong.

Please continue to pray that the Zoladex shot works without all the side effects that accompany menopause and more.

Thanks for checking in on me. Until next week, God bless you and remember to take time to share something special with those that matter most in your life.

No comments: