This week I stayed busy with day to day life and teaching the children. I also got back to a sewing project that was long over due. I had so much fun sewing!!! My energy isn’t anywhere near what it used to be but, I praise the Lord for the energy to do what I need to each day and even a little more.
Dr. Galleshaw’s nurse Diane called me on Tuesday, 10 January, to let me know that my tumor marker went up from 33 to 78. Clearly the opposite direction of what we want, but in line with the growth that can be seen and felt in the lump in my breast. They are concerned enough that they wanted to do a CT scan the next day. Because I just had a CT scan on 17 November, I pressed for more information and a direct conversation with the doctor. After several conversations, not with my doctor, it was agreed that I would speak with her via phone on 17 January. I believe my doctor is one of the best and trust her judgment but I don’t want to continually expose myself to these types (injection of dyes, etc) of tests and plan to limit them to absolute necessity.
Many have echoed our disappointment with the cancers re-growth and some have asked, “Why not remove the lump or breast?” The answer is this treatment has no worth in Stage 4 end phase cancer like what I have where the cancer has already spread to the liver and bones. This treatment option has value in earlier stages when the cancer is still in a local area.
Please pray for the doctor to have wisdom in treating me and for Darren and I to have discernment on the best course of action. We stand firm in our belief that God can completely heal me here on earth and will completely heal me in heaven.
Thanks for checking on my progress and God bless you.
Friday, January 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes, she sewed for ME! Thank you Karen for doing that. I love you.
Post a Comment