The past 10 days have been a blur with me not feeling well enough to do much of anything most days. I thought I was coming out of the chemo fatigue and nausea when I became very ill with what we think was a terrible stomach virus. This past Friday dawned way too early with me very sick. I spent the day totally worn out. The children brought things to the door and I would get them. I was so afraid they would all end up sick. Zachary did succumb by Saturday afternoon. At this point, everyone else made it through without getting sick. Praise the Lord! I have not been that sick since the first appointment I had with Dr. Galleshaw. I am back on my feet again for the most part.
On Thursday, March 22nd, I received my 31st Herceptin Infusion and saw Melissa. My liver appears to be measuring the same but the lump in the breast has increased in size. Since we cannot tell whether the increase is from fluid or cancer, Melissa recommended an ultrasound to check it. I am pleased to say that my white cell count and red cell count were up in the normal range. So I did not need an Aranesp shot.
After my infusion, Darren and I went over to Northside for my echo. Once there all went quickly and smoothly. My echo results show that my heart is functioning normally. So that is one thing off my list for three months.
My tumor marker is up a little. It rose from 211 to 224. Not a large increase, but still something to watch carefully. My liver tests are also out of the normal range. This makes the doctor stop and think about what we are doing and how we should proceed.
My next appointment is scheduled for Thursday, April 12th. I will see Dr. Galleshaw and then have my ultrasound. Please pray that God will use the chemo to hit the cancer hard.
Until next time…
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wonder if you picked up the stomach virus from the doctor's office? Incubation time can be as few as 12 hours. So sorry you were feeling yucky... Praying for you.
Dear Karen - I thought I had a rough week until I read about yours. Your update, though containing bad news, was unlifting to me as always. Do you ever feel a bit like Job? I pray that God will bring complete healing to you soon.
Post a Comment