Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday, 11 March

Hello everyone, I had a week off from my chemotherapy and regained some energy. I also had the opportunity to go for a short visit to Arkansas. My Great Uncle Jimbo was in the hospital. Hannah went to help out and Zachary went along to cheer his “buddy” up. What a precious sight to see Zachary run into the hospital room and climb up beside Uncle Jimbo. He then proceeded to gently rub Uncle Jimbo chest and unshaven checks. The smile on Uncle Jimbo’s face was worth more than money can buy. Children have a way of connecting with older people. Uncle Jimbo has Alzheimer’s and rarely remembers things from the present. But Zachary is an exception. A week later he still remembers Zacharino’s (as he calls him) visit. I also got to eat at one of our favorite Arkansas restaurants Abuelos. They serve some of the best Mexican food I have ever eaten. Yum! Yum!

I restarted my Xeloda Thursday, March 8th. Since then my energy levels have dropped greatly. I’m so grateful for Darren and his willingness to help. The children are a great help too. They look out for each other and help with meals.

Please pray for energy as we start the process of repairing our basement. I have been looking at carpet and paint. As of now, we are waiting on the insurance to give the okay to the repair company so the clean-up can begin. God has blessed us with beautiful weather. This helps keep the children so busy that they forget about their toys in storage. Please pray for God’s grace and wisdom throughout the process of dealing with the insurance and what they will or will not cover. We know that God will see us through this and make us stronger in the end.

Until next time…

2 comments:

sugar said...

Such a cute story. All of the children are adorable, but that little one, "Zacharino" looks like he should have his own show. I think I'd like to grow a beard just so he'd sit in my lap. Love the picture. You are all in my prayers. Glad you are feeling well. Wonderful news about the tumor marker dropping so much! God bless!

Anonymous said...

O God, our times are in your hand: Look with favor, we pray, on your servant Karen as she begins another year. Grant that she may grow in wisdom and grace, and strengthen her trust in your goodness all the days of her life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Happy Birthday - The 3 Sullivans, Ocala FL