Sunday, December 17, 2006

17 December

No doctor visit this week. I resumed Xeloda Thursday, December 14th. So far I have not had any problems with my hands and feet. Only time will tell. Last time it was 10 days before I noticed any ill effects. Please pray that I will not experience any problems.

We have not heard anything yet about my echo. My guess is no news is good news.

I have been very busy baking. Last year I felt so bad and I was too weak to be in the kitchen. Remembering all my childhood favorites at Christmas, I have hit the kitchen each day to bake up a storm. The children keep asking, “Who is that for?” and “Why are you giving all that good food away?” I told them that I plan to keep some for us but there is no way we can eat it all. I love baking. I also like giving gifts that people don’t have to store. I’m very practical that way. I called my sister, Krista, last week and told her that I was bringing her Christmas present to her later. Her first response was “Yum.” She quickly came back with, “Well I say, Yum, because I assume it is something to eat. Is it?” It was a pan of homemade “Sticky Buns.” She was even generous enough to share two with Mom and Carl. They were gone by the next morning. Nothing to do but wash the plate and hope for more rolls soon. I had been planning on making those rolls a year ago.

I praise God for renewed energy each day. I know it is a gift, and I don’t want to take it for granted. There have been times in my life when I was tired and I just wished someone would do the daily things that weighed me down. Now I’m so glad I can do those things myself. Never take your health, spouse, children, family or friends for granted. God has numbered my days and I want to use each one to glorify Him. I don’t know when God will decide my time here on earth is done, so I want my family and friends to know how much I love them. When you feel God tugging at your heart to do something for someone, answer that prompting. It will not return void.

God bless everyone and Merry Christmas.

Until next time…

2 comments:

Misty said...

Ummm...I like sticky buns:)

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful that you have the strength and energy to truly enjoy the holidays with your family. Whenever I read your updates, I am reminded to appreciate all the blessings that I have and to keep my priorities in the right order. Thanks for inspiring and encouraging me to keep my focus on Christ. I will continue to pray for you and your family.
Merry Christmas!
Lesia Chambers