Friday, December 08, 2006

08 December

Thursday, December 7th, I had my 26th Herceptin treatment. My hands and feet started turning red and hurting Monday, December 4th. It is almost like a “burn”. This occurred last time with Xeloda, but I was able to get through it with some dosing changes. Melissa, Dr. Galleshaw’s PA, told me we could look at reducing the dose or going to a one week on one week off schedule. At this point, I opted to wait for the results of my tumor marker test.

Thing went smoothly with the Echo. I only wish the people in the Breast Care Center at Northside Hospital were as kind and compassionate as the people in the Cardiac Center. It is hard to believe they work at the same hospital. I have found that the most compassionate health care workers have experienced health issues themselves.

I am looking forward to a week off from Xeloda. There is much to do, and I plan to stay busy. The children have been taking turns working on projects with me. It is fun to get them involved with making gifts and ornaments. Time is precious; I implore you to take time to do something special with your spouse, children, or a friend.

Until next time…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Karen, that you've encountered uncaring health professionals - but perhaps God is showing them His life through you! I am encouraged and uplifted, as always, by reading your updates. I will continue
to pray for you, Darren, and your precious children.

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Just saw a program on TV yesterday with Dr. Jordan Rubin, author of The Great Physician's Rx for Cancer. Have you ever heard of the book? Of course, it will not include glyconutrients, the missing link in cellular function, but it will include diet changes and recommendations. He has 7 suggestions of foods to eat to combat the cancer, and I only heard 3 of them. It would be a great resource to have. He encouraged people fighting cancer to:
1. Eat a cup of berries a day. (frozen or fresh)

2. Keep your body hydrated!

3. Drink green tea (organic).

If I find out the others, I'll email them to you. We continue to pray for strength during this time. There's hardly a day that goes by without my mind thinking/praying for you. Eat the foods given to us by the Great Physician, and remember . . . like I've said before and like I heard Dr. Rubin say yesterday, "Sugar feeds cancer." Try to avoid this toxin at all cost! (I know it will be hard for you (ha,ha), but YOU HAVE TO!)

Merry Christmas from all 9 of us!

Amy Stroup
www.thewellnesstv.com
www.vitalcarbs4life.com

sugar said...

Hi Karen, I'm trusting and praying we will hear a good report that the tumor marker has dropped. I pray also that you will enjoy a Merry Christmas with your family with energy and feeling well.You are precious.