13 December
The results of my tumor marker show a slight increase from 409 to 416. At this point they consider me stable. Large increases are cause for worry or treatment changes.
We still don’t have the results of the echo. Diane said she would research it and get back to us.
I restart Xeloda on Thursday, December 14th. Please pray that I will not have the problems with my hands and feet again. It can be quite painful and slow me down. No time for that.
I am glad to have our annual Church Christmas Dinner behind me. I have been working on this project for 14 years and I love making a special evening for all. Darren and I were talking about how many changes the dinners have gone through. From eating at a restaurant with about 50 people, to potluck dinners in the fellowship hall with up to 120 people, and now we have dinner at our county fairgrounds for 180 people. Saturday, Lidia watched the children while Alegria and I ran our legs off and maybe the wheels on the van too. We all worked Sunday, I mean from Darren all the way down to Zachary. The funniest sight was watching Alegria pull Zachary around on a cart taking supplies in from all 3 vans. He would sit and hold things and Alegria would wheel the cart around from one kitchen to another dropping things off where they were needed. She figured this was the best way to keep a watchful eye on him. Thanks to a supportive family and faithful helpers we pulled it off.
I’m so thankful that God has given me extra strength. Each day I have been working on a project and before I know it Christmas will be here. I have learned that life will go on even if I don’t get everything done. I am a perfectionist and I am learning that it does not have to be perfect. Instead it should be fun. The children and I decorated foam ornament for the Christmas tree. I love to see their creative side. J.D. is very much like me. I taught him to cross stitch and he has taken off. He has sewn three things in less than a month and is ready to start a new project. Hannah is also cross stitching but still needs me to carefully watch over her to ensure she is reading the chart right. They grow up to fast and I don’t want to waste a minute.
Take care and God Bless. Until next time…
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment