“Hello,” to all my family and friends! I went to see Dr. Galleshaw today, August 24th. We discussed how I’m feeling and my current condition. As of right now, she feels my cancer has stabilized. Since I’m feeling good and able to resume most of the activities of daily life, Dr. Galleshaw said she wants to leave me on the Tamoxifen. I will also continue to receive the Herceptin treatments every three weeks.
The ultrasound gave her a baseline to be able to monitor the breast mass. The plan is to use the ultrasound I just had and compare it to future ultrasounds. This will hopefully reduce the need for multiple PET/CT Scans. I appreciate the need for the doctor to know what is happening with the tumor, but I am hesitant to expose myself to the radiation and other dangers associated with scans. I know, “I’m weird!”
My platelets are still hovering in the low range as is my red blood cell count. I passed on the Procrit shot today. Last time I had one I was very weak for three days and in a lot of pain in my joints. I’ll be watching to see if I feel that way without it.
Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. Please continue to pray for God’s healing, wisdom, and peace. I know He’s not finished with me yet!
Until next time... God Bless.
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love the picture of you and your family with your adorable new puppy! Isn't it amazing how much joy a furry friend can bring! Just wanted you to know that we were checking your progress and continuing to pray for you all.
Lesia Chambers
Psalm 27
Post a Comment