September 11th
I know it has been longer than usual between updates. Karen has enjoyed 3 weeks between scheduled doctor visits and we were able to take advantage of it. I was blessed to have time off from work during this time and since Karen was feeling “pretty good” we went to see her family in Arkansas. Normally we would have availed ourselves of the travel perk that comes with being an airline employee and completed the bulk of this trip by air but now that we have Daisy we decided to drive. We’re still on the road as of this writing and having a wonderful time together. This is our first road trip with the whole gang. Thanks to Daisy and little squirmy bottoms we’ve been forced to stop and enjoy more of the beautiful country in which we live.
We did get results from Karen's last tumor markers which revealed a jump from 297 up to 332 as of 24AUG06. Not welcome news, as we had hoped the cancer had stabilized. Another appointment is scheduled for 14SEP and we are uncertain of what direction the doctor will recommend based on the latest test results. As you can imagine this time can be come anxious and filled with stress. Please pray for wisdom for the doctors and their staffs, and wisdom, peace and healing for Karen.
Today, September 11th, Karen and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. It’s difficult to put into words how I feel to have her by my side. I have the privilege of being married to by best friend and I’m deeply grateful to have been able to spend another year together.
Happy anniversary Karen, I love you.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment