Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Thursday, August 10th I went for the ultrasound. There was a bit of confusion over what Dr. Galleshaw wanted and why I was having just an ultrasound instead of a mammogram and ultrasound. In the end, I walked out having fulfilled my promise to have an ultrasound. No more and no less. I spoke with Dr. Galleshaw’s office Friday and they had not received a report from the ultrasound.

The good news is that my tumor marker only went from 294 to 297. Because the lump in my breast had been bothering me I was expecting a large increase in my tumor marker. Since my last Herceptin treatment, however, it appears to have gone down in size and is not hurting very much.

As of right now, no changes have been made to my treatment. I have Herceptin every three weeks via infusion and take one Tamoxifen pill every day.

Last week we had the pleasure of having two of my older sister’s (Leslie) children down from Alaska for a visit. It is hard to believe we have nephews that are 19 and 17. They are a real joy to be around. We had a lot of great laughs and the children fell completely in love with them. They played games with the kids and went swimming and visited other family and friends. They are currently in Texas and with a couple more stops in their plans. They will probably be heading back to Alaska around the end of the month.

Time flies by. Our “baby” turned 3 Saturday, August 12th. And our “little” Rachel who woudn't venture from the steps without someone being right beside her in the pool last year, is now going under water and becoming a little fish. Where does the time go? I’m just so glad to be here to witness all these wonderful changes and events.

Until next week, take care and take time to enjoy your family and friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great news. Yes, your body is in battle, but as you keep putting in the good nutrients, your body will have what it requires so it will function as it was designed to function! You look great in the picture. A happy mother you are indeed. I can't believe how big the kids are! We are looking forward to seeing you at Grace in 5 weeks! Much love from the Stroup family!

Amy
III John 2
www.livingsugars.com