Thursday, March 23rd I had my third Zoladex shot and an Aredia treatment. My blood work looks fine and I had no major side effects from the shot. My tummy is a bit sore when I laugh or use my stomach muscles to do anything. I slept well last night after taking a sample of AmbienCR (6.25mg. tablet). I was only awakened once by Rachel telling me she had a bad dream. Prayer, a kiss and the start of Adventures in Odyssey quickly put both of us back to sleep. For years our family has listened nightly to Adventures in Odyssey.
My hot flashes have taken a break. I’m unsure whether the Zoladex is just beginning to wear off or the Remifemin is helping out, but I KNOW prayer works! This break from the “flashes” has left me able to sleep better without the need for nightly sleeping pills. I even took four nights off from the sleeping pills. As I said above, I did take AmbienCR last night. I figured I needed a good nights sleep and that this might keep my aching tummy from waking me up. It worked!
Yesterday, March 24, was so beautiful. Darren, J.D. and Matthew were outside putting out mulch. We do this every spring. It’s a lot of hard work but worth the effort when summer comes. This gives us more time for fun in the pool and less time pulling weeds. I use to help out but I don’t have enough energy. So I trimmed hair and watched over Hannah, Rachel and Zachary as they played.
Next week is Herceptin and I will see Melissa - Dr. Galleshaw’s Physicians Assistant. Darren or I will give you an update on how things go. Please be praying for the effectiveness of my current treatment plan and for sleep. It is hard being so worn out everyday. But with the help of family and friends we are all doing well. Praise God from whom all blessing flow, especially the blessing of family and friends.
Until next time, may God’s grace be with you all and may His peace fill your hearts and homes.
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Belated "Happy Birthday" and what a wonderful day it must have been! Do you realize how many people read your web-page and how inspirational it is?? Your great Aunt Doris (your Grandmother Anne Fain's brother Earl's wife) prints the pages out and has the folks at her work read them and add their prayers. May God continue to Bless You! Dori, Bill & Debbie Sullivan - Ocala FL
Karen,
I check your site almost every day.... not that I'm expecting you to update that often!! I just like seeing your family photo as I pray for you guys.... SO glad things are going well. We will keep praying!!
Cindy J.
Karen,
I think of you and pray for you often. You are precious. I read your updates regularly. Reading what you are going through always causes me to appreciate the little things like a trip to the grocery store or folding laundry so much more. And though I sometimes shed a tear when I think of you. I am always thankful for your inspiration. Thank you for sharing your journey through all of this. You are beautiful! And so are all your babies! You too Darren. You are always in my prayers. Love, Tammy
Dear Karen and Family,
I check on your progress so often, and we continue to pray for God's will in your life. You are one tough cookie. Thank you for the many ways you are teaching me through your testimony and faithfulness to Him! You are indeed a blessing! PLEASE . . . keep taking those glyconutrients consistently every day! These essential sugars are what is MISSING from our diet and what is REQUIRED by the body for proper cell to cell communication. When you give your body the nutrients that are required, your body has been designed by the Lord to heal and repair. Know we love your precious family and extended families, and are trusting our Lord to make you more like Him every day. "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed (suddenly frightened); for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." (Isaiah 41:10)
Keep pressing on! Much love from all 9 of us on the farm!
Doug and Amy Stroup
McDonough, GA
(Doug, Andy, Anna, Dora, Amelia Grace, Amanda Joy and Della Rose)
Post a Comment