Friday, March 17, 2006

Praise the Lord! Tuesday, March 14th I celebrated my thirty-fifth birthday. The children surprised me with waffles and sausage for breakfast. They showered me with homemade gifts, hugs, kisses and singing. Darren took the day off to enjoy the beautiful day and time together. According to many doctors, I am a walking miracle. God has done great things in my life and clearly is not finished yet.

I also received a call from Dr. Galleshaw’s nurse, Diane. She called to tell me that my tumor marker has dropped from 148 to 113. This news was a great way to start my birthday celebration. God is good.

Thank you to all who pray for my family and me. I could never adequately tell you how much your gifts, cards, food, love and prayers mean to us all. With every remembrance of you, I pray God’s blessing on you. May all you have given be given back to you ten-fold and more.

Next week I have an Aredia treatment and Zoladex shot. Until then…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Happy Birthday...we share the same birthday. My name is Kelly and your sister, Leslie, and I were once good friends. We went to high school together and attended art lessons with Bette Hickman. I just wanted you to know that I visit here almost daily to check on your progress and say a prayer for your and your family.

Also, I wanted to mention to you a wonderful website caringbridge.org. I work here and it is another option for a personal website where folks can check on your progress and leave you messages in a guestbook. Please let me know if you have any questions about it...God Bless you!