It is time to close this blog and start anew.
These words grieve me more than I ever imagined they could. Mechanically speaking, I’m simply not going to make further updates to a web page that was created to keep family and friends up to date with Karen’s treatment, progress, etc… Emotionally it is closing of another chapter in my life and it hurts.
Don’t get me wrong, I want to move on and fully embrace the next season of our lives but closing the blog is another goodbye. I’ve grown weary of saying goodbye; of laying down what I knew and picking up life as it is now. It is for this reason, I struggle to find the words to gracefully end this blog and start the new one. So I will simply close the blog with this link. Turn on your speakers, click anywhere on the highlighted text and be blessed.
A link to the new blog will be posted here on Tuesday, October 7, 2008.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can empathize with your feelings, Darren...I know that hurt, all too well.
I went to the link...it's lovely, but made me cry just the same...I'm sure it won't be the last time tears will fall.
Thank you for loving and taking such wonderful care of Karen. I know the last few years have been far beyond trying and tumultuous, but you persevered and stayed by her side throughout it all...you are an amazing man! Thank you also for being such a special part of my life, and that of my family, and for all that you've done...and continue to do, to this day...and beyond. Like Karen, your reward will be great in heaven, of that much I am sure!
I find these to be extremely emotional and tear-filled days lately, but I still hold on to this truth...
Life is hard, God is good, and better days are coming!
I have FAITH that God has a plan for ALL things--even when I cannot begin to fathom, understand, or even slightly comprehend the 'WHYs' or what those plans are--and TRUST that He will do what is best...even when it breaks my heart now.
Know that I'm thinking of you...and those wonderful nieces and nephews of mine...and that I love you all dearly! I look forward to seeing you later this month.
Love,
♥ Leslie
You have no idea what that slideshow means to our family right now.
I look forward to reading your new blog and wish you comfort.
Post a Comment