This whole week has been a blur of emotion, work and time spent with family and dear friends. I want to wish everyone a Happy and Blessed New Year. That said I'd like the end the post with this thought from Alan Redpark. No matter what this year brings remember as Christians we can take heart and rest in the Lord knowing:
There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no testing-
that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past
God and past Christ, right through to me. If it has come
that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may
not understand at the moment. But as I refuse to
become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to him and accept
it as coming from the throne of God for some great
purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever
disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance
will cause me to fret - for I shall rest in the joy of what
my Lord is yesterday, today and forever.
I will post again soon. Please continue to pray for our family. We have many more "firsts" to get through and lot's of emotions still to process but I rest knowing God is right beside us.
There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no testing-
that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past
God and past Christ, right through to me. If it has come
that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may
not understand at the moment. But as I refuse to
become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to him and accept
it as coming from the throne of God for some great
purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever
disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance
will cause me to fret - for I shall rest in the joy of what
my Lord is yesterday, today and forever.
I will post again soon. Please continue to pray for our family. We have many more "firsts" to get through and lot's of emotions still to process but I rest knowing God is right beside us.

9 comments:
Darren - Sending lots of love to you and the Children!!xoxoxoxoxo Give them lots of hugs from the south! Thinking of you !
Love,Suzette
Thinking of you and your family and praying for each one of you... praying this New Year brings comfort and blessings...Cindy
Thinking of you this week as everyone returns to their schedules. Praying for peace for your family
Just want you to know that WE LOVE YOU!
♥ Leslie and the rest of the AK Crew
Darren,
You and the children continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Sometimes we can only pray, "God Help", when we're not sure exactly what to pray for. He always knows our every need. We love you and your family.
Pam & Don Jones and Family
I hope this post finds you all well. I continue to pray for you all. May God stand in your midst and shelter you with His merciful grace. Post when you feel like it, just know everyone loves you all.
Lynn T.
I was so saddened to hear of Karen's passing. I only 'know' her through her blog but she seemed like a kind and gentle soul.
I hope this blog gives you some sort of comfort.
If and when you are willing to share more about Karen, we will be willing to listen (or read as the case may be)
Darren and kids,
Hello from the Stroup Coop! You guys are in our prayers and thoughts on many, many days. May the Lord comfort, encourage and wrap His strong arms around all 6 of you as you rest in His love and abide. Romans 15:13 We love you, and pray God's richest blessings on your dear family. Thanks so much for keeping us posted. Love to the extended family, also.
Doug and Amy
We're still thinking about you and praying for you often as you walk through the journey of grief. May you feel peace that passes understanding as you rest in Him.
Post a Comment