Monday, October 29, 2007

I’m joyful and grieved deeply to write you with news of Karen’s death. She went to be with the Lord on Sunday, October 28th. It hurts to write the words. I’m joyful because she is now completely healed experiencing no more pain, cancer has been overcome. I have so much I want to say to all of you. I’m emotionally spent and anything more in this post would probably not make sense. I will, in time share with you the events that occurred in our lives before her she went to be with the Lord. As soon as I can schedule the details of the memorial service I will share the information here.

For now I leave you with one of the last pictures taken of Karen. This is her new hairstyle and her almost ever present smile despite hardships like losing the use of her right eye.

Whoops! Karen would not be pleased to know that I have had words all over her face with the picture which was too large for the space below and has now been moved to the top of the page. She is so beautiful to me.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you all. She is healed.

Lynn Taylor

Anonymous said...

May God's peace comfort you all at this time. All of Karen's loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.
A DL family member

Anonymous said...

I pray the love of God embraces you during your journey through grief. Please accept my most heartfelt sympathies during this difficult time. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

A member of your Delta family

LauraLiz said...

I'm also both grieved and joyful here in NC. Know you are all in my prayers. Laura Hinkle

Misty said...

I am so sorry, Darren. I am praying for your family. I love all of you so much!

Anonymous said...

For all the saints who from their labors rest...

I'll be thinking of Karen when we sing this song in church this coming Sunday, All Saints Sunday. My deepest sympathies for all of you and my prayers that you find strength, contentment, and continued joy in this difficult time. Marilyn Liebeogtt

Ede said...

you most likely don't know me, but i've met your family, and have been praying for you. my prayers will continue for all of you.

Ede Christensen

Anonymous said...

Darren and Family,
Our hearts hurt for you all! All of you will continue to be in our prayers. May you feel God's love, peace and presence especially now and during the days ahead.
Love, Don & Pam Jones and Family

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as Karen enters that heavenly city. Our hearts cry out here on earth but she is rejoicing. A true Angel in every sense of the word. Love, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Prayers for complete healing were answered,just not an earthy healing.God is in control and will never leave us. I am so sorry that you and your sweet 5 children have to sufferer this loss.
Praise be to God that He has prepared a place for you and you will be united with your precious wife again. Until then, may He wrap His loving arms around you and hold you tight.

Anonymous said...

There are no words to describe the mixed feelings I have now. I weep for the loss of Karen's physical presence. However, I can only rejoice that she is now with our Lord. No more pain, no hardship. She is the strength of your family and your soulmate. I sicerely pray that God gives you and your beautiful children peace and ability to get through the grief of her passing. God needed another angel. He chose one of earth's best.I'll be looking for her star shining in the night sky. I loved the woman, admired her courage and will always miss her.
Martha

Anonymous said...

Dear Darren and family ~ We grieve but not as those who have no hope.... we WILL see Karen again. I am so happy for her and sad for you and your children. But God will never leave us so I'm praying that you all will sense his nearness in the days ahead. I have no doubt she was greeted with "well done, my good and faithful servant!". Cindy

Anonymous said...

Darren,
I pray that God's peace will see you and the children through the next hours,days,and weeks to come.To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, and we know that is where she is. My heart breaks for you all.
Jean Foster

Anonymous said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I have no words to comfort you but know you are in my thoughts - I hope for you and your family peace and comfort - only time can ease the pain. God bless.

Anonymous said...

God Bless you and your family. I am sorry for your loss. May you find peace in the days ahead. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Darren, I am sorry for your loss. I will continue to pray for you and the children. Thank you for posting that picture of Karen.
Did you notice that above her lips it says "I'm Joyful" and below them, "Karen"? You may not have meant for the words to be there on her picture, but God did! Sorrow may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning. May you continue to find joy in each day just as Karen did. We love you all!
Darcy

Anonymous said...

Darren, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. I know it is hard, but hold on the the peace of knowing that she is happy now and resting in God's arms. Her pain is no more and one day you will be with your beloved once again.

Anonymous said...

Darren & Family,

Anonymous said...

Darren & Family

We were saddened to hear of Karen's death.You will continue to be in our prayers and thoughts.We know the faith that you have.Your heavenly Father will help you through this.

Love,
Tommy & Barbara Thompson

Anonymous said...

May Karen's love for you all, and your love for her, the memories you share and the memories you will create for her to watch over, and the knowledge she is at peace comfort you all in your time of grief and sorrow.

From your Delta Family

Becky said...

Darren and Family,
I just read your post and my heart is aching for you and your family but to know that Karen is with our Lord and not suffering is such comfort. May God be with you and your family during this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Take care... Sharon

Anonymous said...

I am so deeply saddened to hear of your loss. May God wrap his loving arms around you and your family and comfort you through this most difficult time. You will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

You are all in our prayers. Karen was a beautiful person. So happy for her that she is in the presence of Jesus! So sad for all of you that you are in such pain from the loss of her earthly presence.

Kris Barr & family

Angela McRae said...

While I am grieving over Karen's passing, I have to say I am soooooo grateful the Lord put her in my life for the time He did. I have so many fond memories of talking needlework and baking and politics (and the Lord, of course!) with her. (Oddball question of the day: Do you think God had a fancy sewing machine and oven waiting for her?)

I've heard it said that heaven gets sweeter for us the more it is populated by those we love. Heaven got a little sweeter for me this week.

Love and prayers to you all,

Angela

Big Man for Jesus said...

My prayers are with you as you adjust to Karen's homegoing. Praise God we do not weep as those with no hope! May the peace of God surround you in the coming days.

Anonymous said...

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."
(Jeremiah 29:11).

My prayers are with you and your children! May God richly bless you!
Tara Cassidy

Anonymous said...

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." (Rev 21:4) We rejoice for Karen, and pray for God's peace and comfort for her precious family.

The Chambers Family
West Point, NY

Anonymous said...

I never knew Karen, but I do know Leslie and my condolences go out to Leslie and Karen's family both.
Leslie always kept us updated on Karen's progress and many, many prayer requests.
So, it was like I knew her too!
I will continue to say my prayers and include your family, in this difficult time and down the road. God Bless you all.
Marlou McCann & Andrew McCann

Great Falls Montana

Anonymous said...

God Bless your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.