I’m sorry that it has been so long since the last update. Things are busy for Darren at work and I’ve been to worn out to do much. I get up and do what I can and crash at least once a day. Chemotherapy just makes me tire so quickly. The good news is that the dose reduction for the Xeloda helped reduce the painful side effects in my hands and feet.
Thursday, January 18th, I had my 28th Herceptin infusion. My platelets and red blood cells have increased slightly. But I still needed an Aranesp shot to boost my red blood cells some more. The liver counts that were slightly out of range have return to normal. All this indicates that the Xeloda is working and keeping me stable.
Today, January 22nd, I got a call from Diane with my tumor marker results. She knows that I like to post them on the blog. Three weeks ago they were at 401. They dropped to 329. A 72 point drop is significant. Praise God! They have not been this low since October 2006. I am trusting in Him to work miracles, be it through prayer, medicine or nutritional supplements. The results are because of Him not what I’m taking. Please continue to pray for healing and strength.
My next appointment is scheduled for Thursday, February 8th.
Until then…
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm so glad you called me with the WONDERFUL news about the drop in your tumor markers!
What an answer to prayer...Praise the Lord...I'm thrilled!
My love to you,
~Leslie
Whew, I'm just glad you posted. I was getting worried because sometimes it seems that no news is not good news. Fortunately, that wasn't the case, at least with your tumor markers. I can't imagine what you are going through but I hope you're feeling a bit better every day. My sisters and I are all praying for you.
I love the picture of your husband and kids. Your children, especially the two oldest, look so much like your Mom and this side of the family!
Marilyn (your Mom's cousin/Mary's daughter)
Yahoo! We rejoice in what the Lord is doing in your life. It's all about Him and not what you are taking - I agree! God bless you and those precious to your hearts! Thanks for keeping us posted. We pray for you all the time!
Amy Stroup
www.livingsugars.com
thanks for the post. as always, you are in my thoughts and prayers. i thought you might want to visit this blog...http://luchalee.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment