Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Thursday, July 13th I had an appointment to see Dr. Galleshaw. We discussed what Dr. Oettinger had said about Aredia and Zometa and Dr. Galleshaw agrees that I’m at too much risk to continue the use of these drugs. She measured the breast tumor and said there was no significant change. Then she measured my liver. It appears to have shrunk again by ½ centimeter. Overall I have not had a lot of change. This is good news for cancer patients.

My red blood cell count went up from 10 to 10.7. Praise the Lord! We agreed that it would be wise to hold off on another Procrit shot. I have started taking a new iron pill and would like to know if it was the shot or the new iron pills that caused an increase. Please pray that my count continues to rise and that my platelet count will also increase. It is getting rather low again.

I then received a Herceptin treatment and sat beside a delightful lady named Barbara Ann Russell. She and I share similar stories as well as our faith in God. I ask that you please pray for her and her husband Billy. God is so good to send just the right people our way to remind us of His faithfulness.

Today, July 17th, I received news that my tumor marker went back up from 264 to 294. A thirty point increase in the wrong direction. Darren and I are at peace that the Tamoxifen needs to be given more time. Please pray for wisdom and guidance as we walk this ever changing path.

Because of…

Because of cancer, life and death have become an in our face reality. I am at peace that I have a heavenly home that is far better that this earthly one. Our children are young and we have taught them that God loves them and died for their sins. When faced with the reality of losing me, their mother, they also had to face the reality of death itself. Where would they spend eternity? What happens after we die? Where do we go? Darren and I were privileged to be a part of J.D., Hannah and Matthew’s acceptance of the free gift Jesus gave us when He took on our sins and died our death on the cross at Calvary. They were baptized last summer by Grandpa and I was able to attend.

Do you know for sure where you will spend eternity?

3 comments:

sugar said...

Hi Karen,
I hope you are feeling well today. I'd just like to thank you again for sharing your journey. I pray for you and your precious family every day and will continue. Please give your mom and Krista my love also...its been so long since I've seen you all. Love, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen and all your family,
Cathy and I certainly have not forgotten y'all; you and the family are prayed for, and we trust God to do all that is right for you. His wisdom is far beyond our understanding. We know he loves you.
Please tell your mom, Krista, and the rest that we love and miss them. Call us (623-935-3136) or email.

In Christ,
Charles & Cathy Caskey

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, Darren, and kids,
My name is Virginia Bearden. I have never met you but,Karen your mother was a very good friend of my mothers. My SS class has been praying for you off and on for the past year. I hadn't checked your blog for a long time because I moved this summer and my daughter got married and I work full time so I haven't had much time on the computer. I had today off so was doing some catching up. I did get caught up on your blog and have been crying for the last 30 minutes as I prayed for you. When I go to SS on Sunday I will share with my class whats going on and we will pray again. You have all been so brave.Continue now to be strong and of a good courage.
In the Love of Jesus,
Virginia Bearden
Jeremiah 29:11-14