If you didn’t see them already, check out the new pictures at the top of this page. Thank you Misty and Becky for your work in getting them added. The pictures were taken in early September (pool) and the ones with all of us together were taken in early October.
Karen was off chemo most of this past week and enjoyed every minute of it. She attended a cooking class with family and friends and went out for dinner and a movie with an extremely handsome and charming guy. On the not so fun side, she was able to go the dentist for routine cleaning which may seem ordinary but for someone in Karen’s condition it isn’t. For cancer patients undergoing treatment, several things have to line up before you are released to have dental work done. All went well and she got a glowing review from the dentist.
On Friday, 11 November, she began the new chemotherapy (Xeloda) schedule of one week on then one week off. She’s been on a roller coaster ride with waves of nausea and general fatigue. These are common side affects, but a challenge to deal with none the less. She has medication (Phenergan) that helps with the nausea but Karen doesn’t like to take it because it leaves her out commission for about 12 hours.
This Thursday, 17 November, she is scheduled for a CT scan. Anyone who has had a CT Scan is aware of the liquid you must drink before hand. It’s a thick drink that leaves much to be desired. As Karen will still be on chemo, please pray that she will not be sick and will feel well enough to have the scan. Also pray the scan will show dramatic, unbelievable improvements since the last scan conducted a few months ago.
That's all the update for this week. Thank you for checking on Karen's progress.
Monday, November 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Karen-
My name is Susan, one of Leslie's friends. I just want you to know how much I am praying for you and Darren and all your children. I pray constantly. I also pray for the many people that the Lord has brought into your life (nurses, doctors, friends, relatives), that they continually bless you and provide for you in unexpected ways. Lord, I ask that right now, you be with Karen and keep her in step with you and your time. Help her to rely on your wisdom and power. You derserve all the glory Lord...Karen will receive all the satisfaction. Protect her today and show her Your wisdom. Help her to notice You when You show up and are present in her life. Allow Karen to share her fears and concerns with you Lord, for you already know them. Be with her and Darren, guide them, work with them, give them grace. Take the overwhelming, anxious, overtiring, stressful days Lord and turn them into calming times for them. Let them know that You are their strength. Lastly Lord, I pray for healing. Whatever your ultimate healing may be, that is what I pray for. Karen, I do not have any special words that will make you feel better. I do understand what you are going through. My prayers will be undending for you. God Bless You! Susan
Post a Comment