It is with a very heavy heart that I write this message. Karen has been diagnosed with breast cancer and it has spread to her liver. It has been recommended that she start Chemotherapy immediately. We were told that with or without Chemo past experiences with the type and stage of cancer she has indicates a limited life expectancy. God is control. We continue to ask for complete healing of her body. God is merciful. We ask for wisdom in choosing treatment options. God has a plan. This disease does not change the character of God. Whatever the outcome we trust in Him.
We know that many people have known someone that had breast cancer and fought it off for a while with some success. We invite you to share your thoughts, experiences, and suggested forms of treatment. Having said that, it's important to manage this flow of information because as you can imagine we're going through an extremely emotional period and at times even the best intended advice can be too overwhelming to take in. We ask that if you have information you'd like to share with us please share it in writing so that we may process it when physically, mentally and emotionally able to best benefit from it.
Thank you seems so inadequate to express our deep appreciation for all those who have made meals, cared for our children while we've been away, faithfully prayed for us and just came along side to let us know they are there if needed. You've blessed us beyond measure.
Thursday, May 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
All the best to Karen from Chinomso from Germany.
God will help her, I'm sure and I'll pray for her.
Best regards & a lot of love
This is such a hard place the Lord has placed your family in, but your words are a testimony to your trust in Him, and they are inspiring. A verse the Lord has shown me recently that I have been claiming is Jeremiah 32:17, "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for me?" We must believe the answer is "NO" and the
God of all flesh can heal Karen's body and bring glory to His name through her experiences. I am continuing in prayer for you all.
Before I got out of bed this morning the Lord laid Karen on my heart. My first prayers of the day were for Karen and her family. May the God of all Comfort give you the peace that passes all understanding throughout this trial.
Darren and Karen,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I pray that God will lead you safely through this treatment. In the past I was a part of great Cancer Support chat called Glenna's Garden. I am not sure if it is still used on AOL, but I still have contact with several of the members and I will be glad to see if there is any advice, suggestions or anything those ladies may be able to offer. Darren, if you want to email me at work to obtain some of their email addresses I will gladly give it to you.
God Bless,
Darlene W.
Post a Comment