Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Two years ago...

This is Misty and I am hijacking Karen's blog because, well, it's still under my blogger account. Darren has since started a new blog, but this one still rests under my user name and password. I started this blog to keep people informed when Karen was first diagnosed with cancer and people were calling The Isherwoods trying to get information. Over time, Darren and sometimes Karen herself, would log on and post the updates regarding her health and their prayer requests. I remember logging in everyday to see if there were any updates. Then, two years ago today she passed away from us. During Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I just wanted to log on to tell her that I miss her. I wish she were still here to be a mother to her children. I wish she were still here to sew Caleb's pants. I wish she were still here so I could nag her to put on some mascara. I wish she were still here so I could hear her voice on the phone when she said, "Well, hello Miss Misty." I wish she were here so I could just hug her. I miss you, Karen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss Karen too, Misty.

Even though she was the youngest of us three girls, Karen taught me much about life...love...and living. The simple truth is that it's not so much about how we die, but much more importantly how we live.

Our loss was heaven's gain...I'm looking forward to the day when we will all be together again!

Hugs to you, my friend...on Karen's behalf.
♥ Leslie

PS-Yesterday we celebrated "the 2nd anniversary of Aunt Karen's new life" (as Daniel put it...so wise to be only 12 yrs old) with a few of her favorite treats...Grape Laffy Taffy, Chocolate, and Fanta Grape...cheers! : )