Friday, July 04, 2008

On this day 18 years ago a brand new Christian was expecting to attend the annual church picnic followed that evening with a fireworks display celebrating our country’s independence. He had planned to have a pretty blond haired, blue eyed girl by his side for what would have been their first time not in a group setting. Due to illness Karen was not to be with me 18 years ago, just as it was not for her to be by my side today.

I don’t know why completely, but I know God has a reason Karen isn’t by my side right now and though I miss her deeply I’m completely at peace now being a widower. Writing the last posting was such a release for me. I was going to post it but it is nearly 40 pages and I need to spend some time culling that down to a more realistic amount of information. There is so much I want to say about those last days, so many lessons’ I’ve learned, so many displays of God’s hand. At the same time I don’t want to put people to sleep!

I’ve decided it is better to spend a little more time reducing the content and ask you to continue praying as I spend the next week editing the information.

Over the past 2 plus years and especially this past month, God has shown me many reasons for our family’s journey with cancer. Yes there is a reason! No, I don't believe we were randomly hit with the cancer stick. No, I don't believe my family is being unfairly treated by God nor do I believe that God allowed the events of the last few years because we sinned in some specific way. No, if it were up to me I would not have chosen this course for my family. Yes despite the pain, loneliness and sorrow ... There is a reason.

I hope you enjoy the video and song in the clip below as much as I did and remember as Christians seeking Him nothing comes into our life that hasn’t passed His hand first.

Until next week . . .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This song/video you've chosen (There Is A Reason by Caedmon's Call) is wonderful and one of my favorites!

This song helps us remember that, even though we often don't understand the 'whys' in life...there IS a reason. And, no matter what happens, our loving Heavenly Father makes ALL things NEW!

And THAT, in and of itself, gives us great comfort when we need it the most.

Know you're in my/our thoughts and prayers and that we love you!

♥ Leslie (and the Alaska Crew)

P.S. I understand you will condense your writing for the sake of others, but I would like to read all 40 pages. In fact, I could probably write that many myself about the last few days and weeks I spent with Karen. Love you!