Sunday, May 25, 2008

Life changes so quickly…





The picture above was taken at last year’s celebration of life party. As regular readers know, the only one sick in the picture was Karen. Just weeks after this picture was taken my family attended Carol’s (the other lady in pink) funeral. She passed away after a brief stay in the hospital and it was a shock to everyone.

Also, at that party was a friend of mine who had plans to marry last Sunday May 18, 2008. Just a week ago. The night before his wedding he was in an accident and is still in the hospital with many injuries. Thankfully he is improving at this time.

Why do I post this? I hope it makes you pause, look around and realize how fragile life is and that you cherish it a little more after reading this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this precious reminder. You are so right, life is fragile. love ya'll-tp

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. We are continuing to pray for you and your family and asking the Lord to heal your hearts and fill your emptiness with His presence. Just wondering if you've thought of seeing a Christian counselor to help you and the children through the grief process. It can be so freeing to talk with an objective counselor with whom you are able to be completely and totally honest. Sometimes we hide our deepest thoughts from our closest friends and family members because we don't want to worry them or have them think less of us. My husband and I have been seeing a counselor to help us through a difficult time in our marriage, and what a blessing it has been. It is not a sign of weakness but of courage to ask for help. However you choose to progress through this journey, I know that ultimately you are relying on the Lord for his strength and provision. In the months and years to come, I know that you will be able to look back and see that the Lord carried you in His loving arms through these difficult days.

God bless you all -
Psalm 27

Anonymous said...

As Darren indicates life is fragile and precious, I am the friend that was supposed to be married on May the 18th in Maui Hawaii. My wife and I were involvled in a motorcycle accident that left me in the I.C.U. fighting for my life. My wife was not hurt in the accident and she never left my side as I struggled to take each breath. With many prayers and angels looking over me Nelly and I are back at home in Atlanta. Durring this difficult time the Lord has never left me, he has lifted me up during saddness, His love and strength gave me power to get better, I found true peace in prayer, and I will forever walk in his name. Darren thank you and the kids for being friends. I miss Karen, but something makes me think she was with me on the mountian that day giving me comfort during my time of pain and need. God's speed my friend. I will see you and the children soon....Alan and Nelly.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping us keep life in perspective, Darren. praying for you and the children.... Cindy